The Central Queens tri-cluster of neighborhoods Forest Hills, Rego Park and Kew Gardens, are know for their many no-pet rental and co-op buildings. Their are a few however that do allow our furry friends, and a couple of properties even have their own dog runs. This broker does all he can to help prospective residents keep their family intact by finding them a pet friendly property. The following article will break down where to go and take our pooches for playing with other dogs as well as a chance to run in the wilderness.
Dog Runs On-site-
- Parker Towers (Forest Hills)
- The Opal (Kew Gardens Hills)
Dog Runs Official
- Forest Hills/Rego Park Under The Bridge Dog Park by 65th Rd and the Grand Central Parkway by the pedestrian overpass. This fenced area allows dogs to play with one another
- Kew Gardens/ Richmond Hill 85th Rd and Park Lane South a fanced in dog run by Forest Park
Un-official Dog Runs
- Russell Sage Playground 68 Ave and Booth St Forest Hills Usually in the evening after sundown
- Yellowstone Park 68th and Yellowstone Blvd grassy area at the top of the hill, operates all day but is not fenced in.
Off the leash area
- There are some areas of Forest Park where dogs are allowed to run off the leash in one of the last remaining natural forests in NYC. Please make sure your dog is timid around other loose dogs and horses. Also be sure to check your dog for ticks after running in the woods.
Dining With the Dogs
- Some of the restaurants along the Forest Hills “Restaurant Row” on 70th Rd allow al fresco dining with your dog.
The dog days of summer are upon us!