As Roy Ayers sang, “everybody loves the sunshine” and what better way to enjoy the sun than dining al fresco. Here are some of our favorite outdoor spots for dining.
- Aged on 70th Rd (Restaurant Row) in Forest Hills. Forest Hills only steakhouse has a great lunch special and brunch deal with lots of sun coming down to keep your tan in place. Try the French Onion soup and wonderful tilapia in artichokes and capers.
- Cabana on 70th Rd (Restaurant Row) in Forest Hills known as the busiest restaurant in the neighborhood serves up Latin staples and is popular with locals and visitors alike. They also have a great lunch deal, try the skirt steak with rice and beans.
- Corfu Grill on Austin St this popular Greek spot may have the best lunch deal in Queens for $6.95 (soup, entree, pita, soup, salad and starch) and is perched up the steps in the Austin Mini-mall for great people watching. There are only 4 outside tables so getting one can be hit or miss.
- Sushi Yasu on Austin St. this easy-to-miss sub-terranean spot in the Austin St Mini-Mall has an outdoor deck your woulden’t know exists until your told it’s there. If you like the idea of dining in a secluded garden this is the place for you
- Jade in Station Square Inn. Nothing is like the ambiance of Forest Hills Gardens and Jade is the only restaurant that has a sizable space outdoors right in Station Square. The somewhat noisy location near the Long Island Rail Road is made up for by the bucolic Forest Hills Station and Station Square Inn that make you feel like your in the countryside of England.
- Tu Casa this Kew Gardens latin restaurant has amazingly juicy roasted chicken with famous “green sauce” located at a busy intersection of Lefferts and Metropolitan the large sun soaked patio makes up for the busses screeching past.
Let us know you favorite spots to soak up the sun while dining in the area are!